Senior Night Preview: UMaine-Fort Kent vs. Lady Owls
Women's Basketball: UMFK Bengals @UMPI Owls
5:30pm Thursday, February 7, 2013
Wieden Gym / Presque Isle, ME
UMFK 62, UMPI 47 (12-5-12)
(Click "Live Stats" to get live audio, video, and stat feed of the game.
Blue Out: Fans are encouraged to all wear blue t-shirts to show their suppport for the Owls in their final home game of the season. A limited amount of blue shirts will be available for fans wishing to participate.
Senior Night: Owls' lone senior, Emily Pelletier, will be honored with a brief ceremony prior to the announcing of starting lineups and national anthem.
University of Maine-Presque Isle OWLS
|Head Coach||Marc Heidorf|
|Last Game||WIN, 77-66 vs. Fisher College (2-3-13)|
|Affiliation||NCAA Division III & USCAA|
|Conference||Association of NCAA Division III Independents|
|About the Owls||
*Thursday night will also be the final home game in the college career ofEmily Pelletier (Sr./Fort Kent, ME). With four games remaining on the schedule, the four-year starter is on pace to set personal bests in: points per game, free throws made, free throws attempted, rebounds, and assists this season.
* Guard Olivia McNally (Jr./Sherman, ME) was named this week's Association of NCAA Division III Independents "Player of the Week" for women's basketball on Tuesday. McNally had 18 points, 9 assists, and 8 rebounds vs. Fisher on Sunday.
* Last time vs. Fort Kent, Doni Yendriga (Fr./Conneaut, ME) paced the team with 17 points and 7 rebounds.
University of Maine-Fort Kent BENGALS
|Head Coach||Bradley Holabird|
|Last Game||WIN, 66-38 at Eastern Maine CC (2-4-13)|
|About the Bengals||
* The Bengals come into Thursday night's contest winners of their last five.
* UMFK has gone to the free throw line a stunning 223 more times than their opponents through 24 games this season.
* In their win over the Owls back in December, the Bengals owned a 55-36 rebounding advantage.