(PRESQUE ISLE, ME) -- Patrick Manifold (Sr./Great Yarmouth, UK) and Michael Warner (Jr./Norwich, UK) combined to shoot 20-31 from the floor to lead the University of Maine-Presque Isle men's basketball team to a 95-72 victory over the University of Maine-Fort Kent on "Senior Night" in Presque Isle Thursday.
The win allowed the Owls to sweep the season series with the Bengals and move to within a game of .500 (11-12) with two to play. UMFK fell to 2-21.
Fort Kent's Adam Bouchard scored the game's first points with a jumper at 19:02. It would be the first and only lead for the visitors. UMPI went on to score the game's next 10 points, with Warner contributing half the tallies.
Presque Isle stretched the advantage to 10 before settling for a 42-33 lead at the break.
Eight minutes would go by in the 2nd half with the Owls only increasing their lead by two, 62-51. With a comfortable, but by no means insurmountable lead at that point, a pair of Warner free throws started 14-3 run that would finally put the game out of reach.
Another Warner three at 4:39 gave the Owls their largest lead of the night, 86-58.
One game removed from combining for 55 points in a win over Fisher College on Sunday, the Owls' British Connection was at it again Thursday. Manifold's 27, and Warner's 26 led all scorers. Guard Brad Trask (Sr./Easton, ME), who was honored with fellow seniors Manifold, and Gerardo Vasquez (Sr./Houston, TX) before the game, started and scored 14, matching his season-high.
The Bengals were led by Yoshives Belizaire's 22.
The Owls finish the season off with two games this weekend in Vermont. On Saturday they will be in Randolph Center to take on Vermont Tech at 4pm. Then on Sunday the Owls travel to Rutland for a 3pm date with the College of St. Joseph.
* The Owls' 95 points marked the 3rd time this season the team has reached the 90-point plateau, with the high water mark being a 121-61 drubbing of UMaine-Augusta back on January 19th.
* Manifold also pulled down 13 rebounds to notch his 7th double-double of the season. After the game he was named the Bradley's Citgo and Carwash "Player of the Game."
* Presque Isle defeated UMFK back on December 5th, 71-63.
* The Owls' 12 makes from three point land was the 8th time they reached double figures in that category in a game. They are 6-2 in those contests.
* After posting victory totals of 3, 6, 6, and 3, in the past four seasons, the Owls can finish above .500 (13-12) this season with wins in their last two games.